Western Coalfield Limited Staff Nurse Exam Question Paper 2022
10 December 2022 – Shift – 01
Western Coalfield Limited Staff Nurse Exam Question Paper 2022
Page 1 – WCL Staff Nurse 2022 Question Paper Shift 01
Q.1. What is the biological function of copper?
- Helps in muscle contraction.
- Cofactor for several enzymes.
- Helps in the transmission of nerve impulses.
- Involved in the synthesis of thyroid hormones.
Correct Answer: Cofactor for several enzymes.
Q.2. Which are the risk factors for hearing loss ?
- Congenital malformation
- Recurrent ear infection
- Bacterial meningitis
- All of the above (Correct Answer)
Correct Answer: All of the above (Correct Answer)
Q.3. What provides the framework of synthesis of the cancellous bone tissue within metaphysis?
- Diaphis plate
- Epiphysis plate
- Epiphyseal plate
Correct Answer: Epiphyseal plate
Q.4. Which muscle turns the palm upward or anteriorly?
- pronator teres
- external anal sphincter
- obturator externus
Correct Answer: Supinator (Correct Answer)
Q.5. Why hand wash is very important step in the procedure for care of wound?
- To avoid any further injury
- To cover the wound and quickens healing
- To prevent cross contamination
- This helps remove extra moisture from the wound
Correct Answer: To prevent cross contamination
Q.6. Which among the following drug is obtained from leaves?
- Digitoxin (Correct Answer)
Q.7. Which of the following is NOT one of the national health programmes in india?
- Chinese Encephalitis control programme (Correct Answer)
- Kala-Azar Control Programme
- National Diabeti Control Programme
- Universal Immunization Programme
Q.8. Identify the Incorrect activity during first aid for serious burns?
- Do not open blisters, treat for shock
- Do not apply ointment or any other home remedy.
- It the hands are invloved, keep them above the level of victim’s heart.
- Give him a strong solution of salt and soda. (Correct Answer)
Q.9. What is an example of monera micro-organisms?
- Eubacteria (Correct Answer)
- Mosses ferns
Q.10. What is the most common cause of malaria in india?
- Plasmodium vivax (Correct Answer)
- Plasmodium ovale
- Plasmodium Primaquine
- Plasmodium merel
Q.11. Which among the following is NOT one of the characteristic of society?
- Likeless (Correct Answer)
Q.12. How should heat burn in the mid chest region during pregnancy be managed?
- Sit or lie down when she feels slight dizziness
- Exercising the calf muscles by rising on the toes
- sleeping with more pillows than usual (Correct Answer)
- Never prescibe antacid for severe cases.
Q.13. What should be the correct approach of nurse staff to VIOLENCE, one of the psychiatric emergencies?
- Approach the patient from front if she is to be restrained.
- Provide low calorie diet
- Have a non-threatening approach and do not challenge the patient (Correct Answer)
- Reduce environmental structures
Q.14. Which of the following genetic condition has below mentioned characteristic features:
“Extra fingers andor toes”
- Huntington disease
- Polydactyly (Correct Answer)
Q.15. Which is the anti-larval measure for Mosquito Control?
- Genetic Control
- Environmental control (Correct Answer)
- Residual Sprays
Q.16. Which of the following field of applied microbiology deals with exploration for microbial life in outer space?
- Public Health Microbiology
- Air Microbiology
- Industrial Microbiology
- Exomicrobiology (Correct Answer)
Q.17. Which of the following tool in MS excel predicts a value based on the forecast for the prior period, adjusted for the error in that prior forecast?
- Exponential smoothing (Correct Answer)
- Moving average
- Descriptive statistics
- Correlation covariance
Q.18. Who is the father of sociology ?
- Max Weber
- Auguste Comte (Correct Answer)
- Karl Max
- Herbert Spencer
Q.19. How many numbers of vertebrae are in thoracic ?
- 12 (Correct Answer)
Q.20. What is the shape of Bacillus tuberculosis bacteria?
- Rod Shaped (Correct Answer)
- Vibrio or Coma
Q.21. Aedes (Vector), Virus (Cause) are associated to which disease?
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Dengue (Correct Answer)
Q.22. Which of the following are established covering a population of 1,00,000?
- Primary health centres
- Sub-centre level
- Anganwadi centre
- Community health centre (Correct Answer)
Q.23. Which of the following eye injury may be due to heat or chemicals?
- Foreign body
- Burns (Correct Answer)
Q.24. is a fracture in the newborn child due to injury during delivery.
- Birth fracture (Correct Answer)
- Labour fracture
- Pathalogical fracture
- Green stick fracture
Q.25. is the part of the fetus in the lower pole of the uterus.
- Presentation (Correct Answer)
Q.26. Which of the following is one of the commonly used bibliography database?
- CINAHL (Correct Answer)
Q.27. Which malignant type neoplasms is used for cancer of the epithelial tissues such as skin or stomach lining?
- Carcinoma (Correct Answer)
Q.28. What is called to the relationship between drug concentration and time?
- Pharmacokinetics (Correct Answer)
Q.29. In which technique of cancer detection, low energy beam are used and films of the soft breast tissue are taken without the use of a radio-opaque medium?
- Mammography (Correct Answer)
- Computed Tomography
Q.30. Which of the following statement is correct for the Nurse clinician?
- Broad practice base (Correct Answer)
- May function in a clinical or community setting
- Strict regulations for practice as a Nurse Specialist
- Must have formal academic preparation at post-graduate level in a University
Q.31. Which among the following tissue is found in brain and spinal cord?
- Nerve tissue (Correct Answer)
- Epithelial tissue
- Muscle tissue
- Connective tissue
Q.32. Which among the following belongs to dsRNA virus?
- Rice dwarf (Correct Answer)
- mosaic virus
Q.33. Which among the following is one of the laboratory finding of dengue shock syndrome(DSS)?
- Thrombocytopenia < 100000 cells/ mm3
- No evidence of plasma loss
- Decreased Total Leucocyte Count (Correct Answer)
- Rising haematocrit (5%-10% ).
Q.34. What can be defined as the field that deals with any genetic condition that occurs due to changes in the nucleotide sequence of DNA representing a gene?
- Somatic Cell Genetics
- Population Genetics
- Molecular Genetics (Correct Answer)
Q.35. What indicates the number of deaths between 1 and 4 years in a year per 1000 children?
- Post-natal mortality rate
- Neonatal mortality rate
- Infant mortality rate
- Child mortality rate (Correct Answer)
Q.36. What is true about law of segregation?
- Members of the gene pair segregation and pass to different gametes
- This law applies to genes on homologous chromosomes
- The exception to the law is an event of nondisjunction
- All of the above (Correct Answer)
Q.37. One or more users simultaneously on two or more processors are known as .
- Multiprocessing (Correct Answer)
- Time sharing
Q.38. Mental experiences operate on different levels of awareness. The level that best portrays one’s attitude, feelings and desires is the.
- Unconscious (Correct Answer)
Q.39. Which of the following nasal Dysfunction is commonly due to degenerative changes in skeletal framework of nose?
- Nasal Obstruction (Correct Answer)
Q.40. Which of the following strategy have been formulated as per HFA/2000, defined by world health assembly?
- To achieve a net reproduction rate of two.
- To reduce the crude birth rate from the level of 33 per 1000 population to 25.
- Reduction of infant mortality from the level of 125 to below 60. (Correct Answer)
- To raise the expectation of life at birth from the level of 52 years to 80.
Q.41 .What is the function of Nucleic acids?
- Primary source of energy.
- Constituents of the plasma membrane.
- Hereditary factor (Correct Answer)
- Form structural components like myosin of muscles
Q.42. is relatively a large area of psychology which deals with the fundamental rules, principles and theories of psychology in relation to the study of behaviour of normal adult human beings.
- Social psychology
- Physiological psychology
- General psychology (Correct Answer)
- Development psychology
Q.43. Which is the most common type of hepatic cirrhosis ?
- Postnecrotic cirrhosis
- Biliary cirrhosis
- Alcoholic cirrhosis (Correct Answer)
- Medicine Cirrhosis
Q.44. Figure out the micronutrient from the following?
- Mineral (Correct Answer)
Q.45. What are the plasma antibodies of blood type -B?
- Anti-A (Correct Answer)
- Anti-A, Anti-B
Q.46. Which among the following is said to be twin sister of sociology?
- Anthropology (Correct Answer)
- Political science
Q.47. Which among the following defence mechanism is related to
the given example17
“During hmch at a restaurant, mark is angry at his older
brother, but does not express it and instead is verbally
abusive to the server.”
- Displacement (Correct Answer)
- Reaction formation
Q.48. What is the use of ears for the evaluation of various body system of childs?
- auscultation (Correct Answer)
Q.49. In operant conditioning, something is added to decrease the likelihood of a behaviour is said as .
- Positive reinforcement
- Positive punishment (Correct Answer)
- Negative reinforcement
- Negative punishment
Q.50. Which among the following mental and behavioural disorder group includes mental and behavioural disorders that are the persistent expression of an individual’s characteristic life-style and mode of relating to self and others?
- Disorder of Adult Personality and Behaviour (Correct Answer)
- Neurotic, Stress Related and Somatoform Disorders
- Organic (Symptomatic) Disorders
- Behavioural and Emotional Disorders with Onset usually Occurring in Childhood and Adolescence.
Q.51. helps you overcome concrete, straightforward problems.
- Crystallized intelligence (Correct Answer)
- Fluid intelligence
- Competence intelligence
- Levelled intelligence
Q.52. What is the nutritional class of fungi, according to the whittaker five kingdom concept?
- Heterotrophic (Correct Answer)
Q.53. Which of the following is NOT the nursing intervention for the Alcohol Withdrawal Delirium?
- Restrain to prevent harm to self and others.
- Monitor vital signs like QPR (Correct Answer)
- Acute treatment of alcohol withdrawal includes a safe environment
- Monitor vital signs like BP
Q.54. Which are the parts of stethoscope ?
- Ear piece
- All of the above (Correct Answer)
Q.55. Which of the following statement is correct for FALSE LABOUR CONTRACTIONS?
- Increase in duration, frequency, and intensity.
- Continue no matter what the women’s level of activity
- Begin irregularly but become regular and predictable.
- Felt first abdominally and remain confined to the abdomen. (Correct Answer)
Q.56. What should be the usual amount of enema solution for infant?
- 500 ml
- 300-500 ml
- 250-350 ml
- less than 250 ml (Correct Answer)
Q.57. What is the function of phosphorus?
- Development of bones and teeth (Correct Answer)
- Regulations of pH of body fluids.
- Regulation of muscle contraction.
- Role in transmission of nerve impulses.
Q.58. is the name given to the endometrium during pregnancy.
- The amniotic cavity
- The inner cell mass
- The Trophoblast
- The decidua (Correct Answer)
Q.59. Which of the following is a fat soluble vitamin?
- Pyridoxine ( vitamin B6)
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) (Correct Answer)
- Thiamine ( vitamin B1)
Q.60. Which of the following hearing aids are fully programmable with most of the functions automatically controlled?
- Analogue technology based
- Semi-digital based
- Part Programmable hearing aids
- Digital hearing aids (Correct Answer)
Q.61. Identify an INCORRECT measure for essential new born care to child health?
- Place the new-born next to the mother to get the breast and warmth
- Dry the new-born as soon as possible
- Cut the cord when it becomes thin and dark. (Correct Answer)
- Wrap the new-born in a dry towel to prevent heat loss from the body
Q.62. Which among the following is one of the late side effect of external radiation therapy?
- Radiation-induced heart disease
- Radiation pneumonitis
- Fibrosis (Correct Answer)
Q.63. What type of nomenclature of drugs are catchy and easy to remember?
- Chemical name
- Generic name
- Proprietary name (Correct Answer)
- Non-proprietary name
Q.64. Which is the correct general toxicity for antimetabolites chemotherapy?
- Bone marrow suppression (Correct Answer)
- Pulmonary abnormalities
Q.65. Which of the following health care system is one of the indigenous system of medicine?
- General practitioners
- Siddha (Correct Answer)
Q.66. Which among the following is a nutritional problem in india?
- Xeropthalmia (Correct Answer)
- Acute respiratory disease
Q.67. Identify the function of DGHS (Directorate General of Health services)?
- To consider and recommend broad guidelines for health policies
- To make proposal for medical and health legislation for the country as a whole.
- To make recommendation to the Central Government regarding distribution of available grants-in-aid for health purposes to the States.
- International health relations and Quarantine (Correct Answer)
Q.68. What is the causative organism for whooping cough?
- Salmonella typhi
- Vibrio cholera
- Sarcoptes scabiei
- Bordetella pertussis (Correct Answer)
Q.69. Which of the following bacterial structures is involved in attachment to cell surface ?
- Fimbriae (Correct Answer)
Q.70. Inflammation of the inner ear it is known as.
- Labyrinthitis (Correct Answer)
- Menieres disease
- Positional vertigo
Q.71. Elon Musk recently acquired Twitter at what price?
- USD 44 Billion (Correct Answer)
- USD 41 Billion
- USD 40 Billion
- USD 35 Billion
Q.72. In each question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement.
In a test match, the total runs made by a team were 300.
Out of these 240 runs were made by bowlers.
I. 80% of the team consists of bowlers.
II. The opening batsmen wTere bowlers.
- Only conclusion I follows
- Only conclusion II follows
- Either I or II follows
- Neither I nor II follows (Correct Answer)
Q.73. Find the odd one out?
- America (Correct Answer)
Q.74. What will come in the place of “?” in the following question, BCD: DEF :: LMN: ?
- NOP (Correct Answer)
Q.75. Which of the following option explains the idiom ‘Blowing his own trumpet’ best ‘.
- praises others
- praises himself (Correct Answer)
- admonishes other
Q.76. Name the country that launched the world’s first fully-fledged 5G mobile networks nationwide?
- South Korea (Correct Answer)
Q.77. A person who composes a sequence of steps and movements of dances is.
- Choreographer (Correct Answer)
Q.78. A polyclinic always has.
- Chemist shop
- Doctor (Correct Answer)
Q.79. A, B, C, D and E are sitting horizontally on the top of the bench. A is sitting with E, who is on the left end of the bench, C is on the second position from the right, A is to the right of B and E, A and C are sitting together. Figure out the sitting position of A?
- Between B and D
- Between E and D
- Between B and C (Correct Answer)
- Between C and E
Q.80. Which doctor discovered function of heart?
- William harvey (Correct Answer)
- Robert Koch
- Felix Hoffman
- Aaron Glassman
Q.81. Which one of the following appointments is NOT under the authority of the President of India?
- Chief of the Army Staff
- Speaker of Lok Sabha (Correct Answer)
- Chief Justice of India
- Chairman, Finance Commission
Q.82. Which country will host the 2023 Men’s Hockey World Cup?
- The Netherlands
- India (Correct Answer)
Q.83. 8;. 8 : 8 8 : ■ ■
46, 44, 40, 38, 34,
- 32 (Correct Answer)
Q.84. If P is the brother of Q, Q is the sister of R, and R is the father of S. How S is related to P?
- Cann’t be determined (Correct Answer)
Q.85. Where was the QUAD summit 2022 held?
- New Delhi, India
- Tokyo, Japan (Correct Answer)
- Moscow, Russia
- Canberra, Australia
Q.86. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequences:
(1) Cut (2) wear, (3) Mark (4) Stitch (5) Iron.
- 4. 1. 5, 2, 3
- 3, 1, 4, 5, 2 (Correct Answer)
- 1. 3, 2, 4, 5
- 2, 4, 3, 1, 5
Q.87. Who has become the first Indian-origin Prime Minister of the UK?
- Krupesh Hirani
- Rishi Sunak (Correct Answer)
- Seema Malhotra
- Shami Chakrabarti
Q.88. two Conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the
given two statements to be true even if they seem to be variance from commonly known facts. Read these two conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically and analytically follows from the given two statements.
All goats are flowers.
No flower is book.
Some books are pens.
I. Some pens are goats.
H. No pen is goat.
- if only conclusion I follows.
- if only conclusion II follows.
- if either conclusion I or II follows. (Correct Answer)
- if both conclusion I and II follow.
Q.89. Which among the folloiwng veda the Gayatri Mantra was first recorded?
- Rigveda (Correct Answer)
Q.90. Complete the second pair in which both the elements bear the same relationship as in the first pair. FILM : 10::HOTEL:?
- 12 (Correct Answer)
Q.91. Identify an element with lowest melting point?
- Argon (Correct Answer)
Q.92. Mannu travelled her mother all the world when she was 08 years old.
- For, around
- With, around (Correct Answer)
- With, over
- By, above
Q.93. “She has finished her assignment ”. (change voice)
- Her assignment has been finished by her (Correct Answer)
- Her assignment was finished by her
- She has been finishing her assignment
- Her assignment was finished
Q.94. What is the maximum number of Lok Shabha parliamentary contituencies in the country?
- 543 (Correct Answer)
Q.95. Martha said, “I am going to Mexico next year.”
- Martha said that she had been going to Mexico next year.
- Martha said that she was going to Mexico next year. (Correct Answer)
- Martha said that she had gone to Mexico next year
- Martha said that she will be going to Mexico next year.
Q.96. Antonym of the word “Abolish” is.
- Institute (Correct Answer)
- Stamp out
Q.97. Find the correctly spelt word from the following?
- Rehabilitation (Correct Answer)
Q.98. . :: C. 8. ■ ■■:. . •. 8 . : ■
(1) Plan (2) Shop (3) Mall (4) Drive (5) Return
- 14325 (Correct Answer)
Q.99. Synonym of the word ‘Awkward” is .
- Blundering (Correct Answer)
Q.100. Ram searched a hotel in booking site which have:
(A) posh, air-conditioned, (B) the guest,
(C) are available for, (D) fully furnished rooms.
- ADCB (Correct Answer)