Western Coalfield Limited Staff Nurse Exam Question Paper 2022
10 December 2022 – Shift – 02
Western Coalfield Limited Staff Nurse Exam Question Paper 2022
Page 1 – WCL Staff Nurse 2022 Question Paper Shift 02
Q.1. Which among the following is one of the laboratory findings of Dengue Haemorrhagic fever (DHF)?
- Thrombocytopenia < 100000 cells/ mm3 (Correct Answer)
- No evidence of plasma loss
- Decreased Total Leucocyte Count
- Rising haematocrit (5%-10% ).
Q.2. Which are the following heart rate is called tachycardia?
- 100/minute (Correct Answer)
Q.3. One ear is tested at a time , the untested ear is covered with palm of hand, this test is known as ?
- Whisper test (Correct Answer)
- Weber test
- Rinne test
Q.4. What is the function of proteins (Biomolecules)?
- Build new cells for growth & renew damaged tissue (Correct Answer)
- Maintenance of body temperature.
- Hereditary factor
- Synthesis of wax.
Q.5. Biological control used in an autoclave is the spores of.
- Bacillus sterothermophilus (Correct Answer)
- Clostridium perfringens
- Bacillus cereus
- Clostridium histolyticum
Q.6. Major cause of neonatal mortality rate is:
- Birth injury
- Preterm birth (Correct Answer)
- All of the above
Q.7. In operant conditioning, something is removed to increase the likelihood of a behaviour is said as.
- Positive reinforcement
- Positive punishment
- Negative reinforcement (Correct Answer)
- Negative punishment
Q.8. Social change refers to.Change in individual values
- Change in values of society (Correct Answer)
- Change in Technology
- None of the above
Q.9. What is the causative organism for Enteric Fever?
- Corynebacterium diptheriae
- Hemphilus influenza
- Salmonella typhi (Correct Answer)
- Hepatitis virus
Q.10. Which malignant type neoplasms are related to the abnormal uncontrolled multiplication of white blood cells?
- Leukemias (Correct Answer)
Q.11. In spina bifida disease condition which body organ are affected?
- Spinal cord (Correct Answer)
Q.12. Which is the anti-adult measure for Mosquito Control?
- Biological control
- Environmental control
- O Residual Sprays (Correct Answer)
Q.13. Which are the purposes of hot application ?
- To stimulate circulation
- To promote suppuration
- To promote healing
- All of the above (Correct Answer)
Q.14. Trophoblasts are cells forming the outer layer of a blastocyst, which provides nutrients to the embryo, and develops into a large part of.
- The Fetus
- The Amnion
- The Placenta (Correct Answer)
- The Umblical cord
Q.15. Culex (Vector), Wucheria Bancrofti (Cause) are associated to which disease?
- Filaria (Correct Answer)
Q.16. A drug that relieve itching ?
- Anti- pruritics (Correct Answer)
- Anti spasmodics
- Anti tussives
Q.17. Identify the function of Central Council of Health and Family Welfare ?
- Control of drug standards
- National Medical Library
- To consider and recommend broad guidelines for health policies. (Correct Answer)
- To make proposal for medical and health legislation for the neighbouring countries as a whole.
Q.18. Figure out the micronutrient from the following?
- Vitamin (Correct Answer)
Q.19. Which is the correct general toxicity for antimetabolites chemotherapy?
- Cardiac abnormalities
- Anorexia (Correct Answer)
- Fluid retention
Q.20. Which of the following health care system is one of the indigenous system of medicine?
- Health insurance scheme
- Employees state insurance
- Ayurveda (Correct Answer)
Q.21. Which of the following is NOT one of the national health programmes in india?
- Japanese Encephalitis control programme
- Guinea-Worm Eradication programme
- Calcium Deficiency Disosders Programme (Correct Answer)
- Universal Immunization Programme
Q.22. In which year, Medical termination of pregnancy Act was enacted by the year Indian parliament?
- 1971 (Correct Answer)
Q.23. Which are the type of isolation?
- Respiratory isolation
- Wound and skin isolation
- Enteric isolation
- All of the above (Correct Answer)
Q.24. Which muscle elevates corner of mouth?
- Depressor angulioris
- Zygomaticus muscles (Correct Answer)
- Muscles of mastication
Q.25. Fear of marriage is.
- Gamophobia (Correct Answer)
Q.26. What is called to the relationship between drug concentration and its effect?
- Pharmacodynamics (Correct Answer)
Q.27. Which vaccine that can be kept at room temperature ?
- TT (Correct Answer)
Q.28. Which tissue layer of the heart wall is the thickest layer?
- Myocardium (Correct Answer)
Q.29. Which among the following is one of the chronic side effect of external radiation therapy?
- Bone marrow suppression
- Tissue necrose
- Radiation pneumonitis (Correct Answer)
Q.30. At 12th week of gestation amniotic fluid measures,about.
- 50ml (Correct Answer)
Q.31. Which among the following is the disease of pinna, which is one of the common disease of outer and middle ears?
- Cerumen (wax)
- Chondrodermatitis Nodularis (Correct Answer)
- Malignant Otitis Externa
Q.32. According to Freud, which component of personality operates according to the reality principles?
- Ego (Correct Answer)
Q.33. Fullform of NIDDCP?
- National Iorn Deficiency Disorder Control Programme
- National Iodine Deficiency Disorder Control Programme (Correct Answer)
- National Iorn Deficiency Diseases Control Programme
- National Iorn Decreased Disorder Control Programme
Q.34. In which unit nurses must be able to adapt to caring for clients with various types of medical surgical disorders and must be competent in health teaching and discharge planning?
- Inpatient medical surgical unit (Correct Answer)
- Outpatient medical surgical unit
- Ambulatory care unit
- Domestic remedy unit
Q.35. Which of the following genetic condition has below mentioned characteristic features:
“Dwarfism with short limbs, normal size head and trunk”
- Huntington disease
- Achondroplasia (Correct Answer)
Q.36. What should be the correct approach of nurse staff to ANXIETY REACTION, one of the psychiatric emergencies?
- Sit, monitor and don’t talk to the patient.
- Reinforce somatic complaint.
- Help develop insight (Correct Answer)
- Avoid and ignore relaxation
Q.37. Identify the correct statement for severe sleep apnoea, one of the Sleep disorder in Geriatric Population?
- They are often irritable and fatigued
- Job performance suffer and they are at risk while driving
- These patients may suffer memory loss and intellectual deterioration. (Correct Answer)
- They show moderate degree of arrhythmia or oxygen desaturation
Q.38. deals with extra-sensory perceptions, cases of rebirth, telepathy and allied problems.
- Para-psychology (Correct Answer)
Q.39. Which of the following is a water soluble vitamin?
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- Vitamin A or retinol
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) (Correct Answer)
- Vitamin K
Q.40. Which are the type of play therapy?
- Individual versus group play therapy
- Spontaneous or free versus controlled or situational therapy
- A and B both
- None of the above (Correct Answer)
Q.41. What is the shape of Streptococcus lactis bacteria?
- Ellipsoidal (Correct Answer)
Q.42. What is the nutritional class of Animalia, according to the whittaker five kingdom concept?
- Heterotrophic (Correct Answer)
Q.43. Fogging is a method to kill the mosquito at which stage of its life cycle?
- Adult (Correct Answer)
Q.44. What indicates the number of deaths under 28 days of age per 1000 live births?
- Perinatal mortality rate
- Neonatal mortality rate (Correct Answer)
- Infant mortality rate
- Child mortality rate
Q.45. Which of the following are established covering a population of 5000?
- Primary health centres
- Sub-centre level (Correct Answer)
- Anganwadi centre
- Community health centre
Q.46. Which among the following mental and behavioural disorder group includes disorders characterized by prominent disturbances of thought, perception, affect and/or behaviour?
- Schizophrenia, Schizotypal and Delusional Disorders (Correct Answer)
- Neurotic, Stress Related and Somatoform Disorders
- Organic (Symptomatic) Disorders
- Mood (Affective) Disorders
Q.47. What is an example of Animalia micro-organisms?
- Invertebrates (Correct Answer)
- slime molds
Q.48. The human genome project was completed in the year.
- 2003 (Correct Answer)
Q.49. is a fracture in the young bone of children where the break is incomplete, leaving one cortex intact.
- Birth fracture
- Green stick fracture (Correct Answer)
- Pathalogical fracture
- Stress fracture
Q.50. helps you tackle complex, abstract challenges in your daily life.
- Crystallized intelligence
- Fluid intelligence (Correct Answer)
- Competence intelligence
- Levelled intelligence
Q.51. Which blood group can donate to O, A, B, AB blood group system?
- O (Correct Answer)
- O AB, O
Q.52. Which is the device that sends the information about the direction or angle of the stick to the device or application it is controlling?
- Joystick (Correct Answer)
Q.53. The regionalism is marked by?
- Integration of different regions
- Hostility among different regions (Correct Answer)
- Feeling of bonding with other regions
- None of above
Q.54. Which additive used in blood sugar sample collection vaccute?
- Plain, clot activator
- Di-potassium ethylene diamine-tetraacetate
- Sodium Citrate
- Sodium fluoride (Correct Answer)
Q.55. The compact bone tissue contains cylinders of calcified bone known as
- Osteons (Correct Answer)
Q.56. Software designed for a specific purpose is called?
- System software
- Specific software
- Application software (Correct Answer)
Q.57. What is the normal range of calcium?
- 8.5-10.5mg/dl (Correct Answer)
Q.58. Which among the following method for imparting nutrition education include short menu planning, budgeting of food, calculating the caloric and other nutrient intake per menu intake?
- Practical Methods (Correct Answer)
- Exhibition and Kitchen Garden
- Cooking Demonstration
- Posters and Charts
Q.59. How many millennium development goals are there?
- 8 (Correct Answer)
Q.60. Which among the following drug can be obtained from flowers?
- Vincristine (Correct Answer)
Q.61. ” Scientific manipulation of living organisms esp edaily at molecular and genetic level to produce useful products”
- The above applied area belongs to which major field of microbiolog}’9
- Biotechnology (Correct Answer)
- Air Microbiology
Q.62. Which of the following statement is correct for TRUE LABOUR CONTRACTIONS?
- Begin irregularly but become regular and predictable (Correct Answer)
- Often disappear with ambulation
- Do not achieve cervical dilatation.
- Felt first abdominally and remain confined to the abdomen
Q.63. “Which among the following defenc e mechanism is related to the given example?
- “Rihana cannot remember her grandfather’s fatal heart attack, although she was present.”
- Reaction formation
- Repression (Correct Answer)
Q.64. What is the use of hands for the evaluation of various body system of childs?
- Palpation (Correct Answer)
Q.65. Which of the following hearing aid have been in use for long, these are cheaper in cost but not very advanced?
- Analogue technology based (Correct Answer)
- Semi-digital based
- Programmable hearing aids
- Digital hearing aids
Q.66. Which are the examples of antitumor antibiotics drug?
- Doxorubicin (Correct Answer)
- Both 1 & 2
- None of the above
Q.67. What is the biological function of potassium?
- Regulates osmotic pressure in cells. (Correct Answer)
- Cofactor for several enzymes
- Involved in the synthesis of hemoglobin
- Involved in the synthesis of thyroid hormones.
Q.68. Which of the following bacteria can grow in acidic PH?
- Lactobacilli (Correct Answer)
- Vibrio cholera
Q.69. Which of the following tissues are found in the outer layer of skin, lining of organs, blood and lymph vessels and body cavities?
- Nerve tissue
- Epithelial tissue (Correct Answer)
- Muscle tissue
- Connective tissue
Q.70. are found just below the surface of the skin and are involved in all types of skin sensation.
- Basket nerve endings
- Free nerve endings (Correct Answer)
- Encapsulated end organs
- Sensor free organs
Q.71. Direction: A statement is given & then two conclusions -1 & II are given. You have to consider the statement as true though it seems to be different from the actual facts. Then give your answer regarding the given statement that which of the condusions/ii” are followed by it Properly.
The distance of 700 kms by road between Varanasi and
Kolkata will be reduced to 190 kms by sea. This will lead to a saving of Rs. 12 crores per annum on fuel.
- I. Transportation by sea is cheaper than that by road.
- I Fuel must be saved to the greatest extent.
- Only conclusion I follows
- Only conclusion II follows (Correct Answer)
- Either I or II follows
- Neither I nor II follows
Q.72. India is world’s largest producer of.
- Milk (Correct Answer)
Q.73. A is a sister of B, C is the mother of B, D is the father of C, E is the mother of D. B is related to D as?
- Grandson (Correct Answer)
Q.74. A life history of a person written by oneself is.
- Autobiography (Correct Answer)
Q.75. He ‘passed himself off’ as a superstar. What is the meaning of this idiom?
- Regarded as
- Was thought to be
- Pretended to be (Correct Answer)
- Was looked upon as
Q.76. What drug is used to treat malaria?
- Quinine (Correct Answer)
Q.77. Yliat will be the next term in the given series?
- 11:23: 39: 59,
- 83 (Correct Answer)
Q.78. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequences:
- Take-off 2. Check-out 3. Booking 4. Landing 5. Check-in
- 3, 2, 5, 1, 4
- 3, 5, 1, 4, 2 (Correct Answer)
Q.79. Identify wrongly spelled word?
- Cahracteristic (Correct Answer)
Q.80. In the following question, out of the four alternatives given, choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentences. “One who is unaffected or indifferent to joy, pain, pleasure or grief”
- Stoic (Correct Answer)
Q.81. Which of the following is the synonym of the word ‘Pragmatic’.
- Practical (Correct Answer)
Q.82. A mountain always has.
- Peak (Correct Answer)
Q.83. Identify an INCORRECT category of foreign exchange reserves of india?
- Silver (Correct Answer)
- Foreign Currency Assets
- Special drawing rights
Q.84. The antonym of “Violation” is.
- Obedience (Correct Answer)
Q.85. Which among the following courts are used to play wimbledon grand slam tournament?
- Grass (Correct Answer)
Q.86. Find the correctly spelt word from the following?
- Bewitching (Correct Answer)
Q.87. Who was father of Indian space program?
- Rajesh Sharma
- Ashutosh Verma
- Vikram Sarabhai (Correct Answer)
- A.PJ. Abdul Kalam
Q.88. two Conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be variance from commonly known facts. Read these two conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given two statements.
All teachers are students.
No student is girl.
- I. AB girls are students.
- I Some girls are students.
- If only Conclusion I follows
- If only Conclusion II follows
- If neither Conclusion I nor II follows (Correct Answer)
- If both Conclusions I nor II follow.
Q.89. Who was awarded the Indian Film Personality of the Year 2022 at the closing ceremony of the 53rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI)?
- Suriya Sivakumar
- Ajay devgan
- Chiranjeevi (Correct Answer)
- Allu Arjun
Q.90. Which packaged drinking water company has been acquired by Tata Consumer Products?
- Bisleri (Correct Answer)
- Pure Vid
Q.91. The Gulmarg Wild Life Sanctuary is located in.
- Jammu & Kashmir (Correct Answer)
- Uttar Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
Q.92. If SALE is coded as 2134, EARTH is coded as 41590, then how is SHARE coded?
- 20154 (Correct Answer)
Q.93. Five boys took part in a race, Steve finished race before Paul but after Nathan, Shaun finished race before Michael but after Paul. Who won the race?
- Nathan (Correct Answer)
Q.94. Which of the following is option is correctly spelt
(1) gramer (2) grameer (3) grammar (4) granmier
- 3 (Correct Answer)
Q.95. Which social media platform has recently been taken over by Tesla chief Elon Musk?
- Twitter (Correct Answer)
Q.96. Find the odd one out?
- Mercury (Correct Answer)
Q.97. Where was T20 cricket world cup 2022 held?
- Australlia (Correct Answer)
Q.98. When father will start working on laptop, get the food the table.
- Off (Correct Answer)
Q.99. The word which expresses the most appropriate meaning of “Rescue” is.
- Salvaged (Correct Answer)
Q.100. The next term in the following series will be?
AN:BO: CP, DQ=
- ER (Correct Answer)